We have Using Movies fin Teaching Kids Using videos in the ESL classroom can greatly speed up the learning process. Using videos is an easy way to teach and practice new English vocabulary. With kids, it gets them talking as you elicit responses through well guided questions. At the end children learn new words and expressions and consolidate what they have already learnt. The main advantage here lies in the fact that they don't even realize they are learning English and they enjoy it. Classroom management problems are greatly reduced. However, to make videos successful in your classrooms you must start by planning carefully. One video that has been very successful with kids in the ESL industry are MR. BEAn Movies. Sometimes, when one looks at the videos and episodes of Mr. Bean, one wonders whether the movies were created for helping TEFL kids teachers. It is for this reason that we have decided to build lots of video activities around Mr. Bean. Most of these worksheets can be used in isolation, or together as part of an on-going project. For more on how to use videos in the classroom, read our article on ESL Video Techniques.
- Phonics Games & Videos Online - Teach Your Child to Read with Phonics - Phonics Games Online, Phonics Worksheets, Phonics Video Tutorials
- English Lessons for Children - For Parents & Teachers of Kids - We offer Video Tutorials, Games, Worksheets, Powerpoint,Flashcards, Placement Tests - Kizschool.com
- Kids Math Exercises : Math Practice for Kids - Pre-K to 8th Grade.
- ESL Ebook Packs for Kids : Resources You can't afford not to have.
- Math4Children.com: Free Math Worksheets, Math Games, Online Quizzes, Video Lessons and eBooks preschool,1st to 6th grade.
Movie Worksheets & Lesson Plans - Using Movies to Teach Kids
Mr. Bean Worksheets: Mr. Bean Videos are excellent for teaching kids because he mostly mimes and doesn't talk. This is perfect for prompting students to tell you what he is doing.
- Video Episode, Mr. Bean's Appointment with the dentist
- Download video lesson plan - Lesson about daily routines, clothes, action verbs
- Comprehension questions- easy questions -for low levels using present simple
- Comprehension questions- for high level kids- using simple past tense
- Video Project-If you want the project version of this episode CLICK HERE!
- Merry Christmas Mr. Bean : Teach Kids Christmas
- Video Episode : Mr. Bean Makes a Sandwich
- Visit ESL-Galaxy.com
- Download worksheet here. Describing a sequence- first, next, then, finally
- Video Episode: Mr. Bean in Room 426 -
- Worksheet Download- lesson about holidays and checking into hotels
Harry Potter Worksheets
Indiana Jones Movie worksheets
- Download Indiana Jones movie worksheets here.
- Printable ESL Word puzzles- crosswords & word searches
- ESL Kids Videos- Printable worksheets of movie watching
- Kids phonics and phonetics worksheets- teach pronunciation
- ESL assorted worksheets- writing, vocabulary, grammar,reading, spelling
- Kids coloring worksheets for ESL toddlers and young learners
- ESL Kids board games & communicative activities
- ESL Kids Festivals and holiday worksheets- Christmas etc.
VISIT THESE LINKS FOR MORE WORKSHEETS FOR ESL KIDS
Video Lessons by Unit & Level
Level 1 Course Video Tutorials
Level 2 Course Video Tutorials
Level 3 Course Video Tutorials
Recommended Extra Resources
- ESL Lesson Plan Center : ESL Lesson Plan guide for all TEFL lesson plan needs on the ESL Galaxy.
- Board Games : Teach English grammar, vocabulary and sentence structures using communicative board games
- Grammar Worksheets: teach most common English grammar themes using these printable worksheets
- Vocabulary Worksheets : Well-planned theme-based vocabulary worksheets
- Theme-based Lesson plans: Plan your lessons around a theme by using the worksheets here.
- Pronunciation Lessons: Phonetic worksheets, mp3 downloads and vowel sounds audio book
- Crossword puzzles: A generous offer of free crossword puzzles for grammar and vocabulary practice
- Word Search Puzzles: Find word search puzzles that do more that fills time effectively- Good settlers
- Festivals and Holidays worksheets : Lesson plans based on holidays and festivals-Halloween, Christmas etc.
- Travel English: Teach survival English for students going abroad using these lesson plan materials
- Writing Worksheets and Templates: Practice writing using these cool printables
- Word Formation worksheets: help students improve vocabulary by teaching them prefixes, suffixes and other word formation skills
- Song Worksheets: Learn and teach English with English songs
- Movie Worksheets : Watch movies and learn English using these English film worksheets
- Math4Children.com: Free Math Worksheets, Games, Quizzes, Videos and eBooks for Learning and Teaching Math.
- Kiz School - This site offers English Courses for kids from Preschool, Kindergarten to 6th Grade. You don't have to be a professional teacher to teach kids.
- ESL Kids Lab This site is an extension of English 4 Kids
- ESL Galaxy : Printable worksheets, board games, word search, matching exercises, crosswords, music worksheets, video worksheets and more free stuff for all levels.
- English Media Lab: This free online classroom has a huge database of videos, esl quizzes, grammar exercises, activities for all levels, beginners, elementary, pre-intermediate, intermediate, advanced levels.
- ESL Downloads: Download ESL lesson plan materials and interactive exercises for students
- ESL Games World : ESL Fun Games for Teachers and Students