Fun Games for ESL Kids Classrooms: STEAL, BUST, SWAP & NUMBER GAME : ESL Vocabulary game This is a game idea you can use for teaching. If you want new ideas, here is one. Read the full instructions below.
- English Lessons for Children - For Parents & Teachers of Kids - We offer Video Tutorials, Games, Worksheets, Powerpoint,Flashcards, Placement Tests - Kizschool.com
- Kids Math Exercises : Math Practice for Kids - Pre-K to 8th Grade.
- ESL Ebook Packs for Kids : Resources You can't afford not to have.
- Math4Children.com: Free Math Worksheets, Math Games, Online Quizzes, Video Lessons and eBooks preschool,1st to 6th grade.
How to Play the ESL STEAL, SWAP, BUST, NUMBER Game
- Steal, Swap, Bust & Number Game
Cut out the words and numbers on the grids below to make cards. Put the cards in a box or bag and shake the box so that the cards are shuffled. Start the game by splitting the class into 2 teams( depends on class size- teams could be increased to 4 or more). Award every team 100 points to start the game. A team captain meets the other team captain and do STONE, PAPER, SCISSORS. The winner starts the game. The teacher asks the student a question (questions could come from the topic of the lesson or it could just be general review) . If the students answers the teacher’s question, that student then draws a card from the box for his/her team. If a student cannot answer a question, s/he can get help from team members. Students cannot look into the box when drawing a card. If the card is …
NUMBER CARDS : The number cards represent points that the students can get. If a student dips his/her hand into the box and picks out a number card , they get the number of points shown on the number on the card picked.
STEAL CARDS : If a student picks a card with this word, their team will steal all the points of another team and add it to theirs .
SWAP CARDS: if a student picks a card with this word, their team will swap points with the another team. For example, if Team A had 150 points and Team B 100 , that means Team A swaps 150 and gets 100 points.
BUST CARDS: If a students picks the card with this word, it erases all the points of their team so they end up with zero points.
Student puts the card back into the box after each draw and teacher shakes the box to shuffle again.
Click here to print the cards needed for this game.(in PDF format)
POSSIBLE ISSUES : This is a great fun game, but it seems to reward stealing. Morally, this doesn't sound acceptable. For moral reasons, please clarify this and make your students or school know, this is just a fun game.
Game idea from Peter Dunne, TEFL Teacher , China
ESL Fun Interactive Games Teaching & Learning
- Grammar Games - Jeopardy, Hangman, Wheel Games, Snakes and Ladders and more>>>
- Vocabulary Games - memory games, maze games, Snakes and Ladders, Hangman and more>>>
- ESL Online Games Directory - Have Fun Teaching and Learning English with your Students
Free Printable ESL Board and Card Games
- Printable Board Games For ESL Classrooms
- Printable Card Games for the ESL Classrooms
- Make your own games with templates
Free Powerpoint Games For ESL Teaching
- ESL Powerpoint Jeopardy Games
- ESL Powerpoint Olympic Jeopardy Games
- ESL Powerpoint Taboo Games
- Make your own Powerpoint Games from our templates
Free MS WORD & PowerPoint Game Templates - Make your own games
Video Lessons by Unit & Level
Level 1 Course Video Tutorials
Level 2 Course Video Tutorials
Level 3 Course Video Tutorials
Recommended Extra Resources
- ESL Lesson Plan Center : ESL Lesson Plan guide for all TEFL lesson plan needs on the ESL Galaxy.
- Board Games : Teach English grammar, vocabulary and sentence structures using communicative board games
- Grammar Worksheets: teach most common English grammar themes using these printable worksheets
- Vocabulary Worksheets : Well-planned theme-based vocabulary worksheets
- Theme-based Lesson plans: Plan your lessons around a theme by using the worksheets here.
- Pronunciation Lessons: Phonetic worksheets, mp3 downloads and vowel sounds audio book
- Crossword puzzles: A generous offer of free crossword puzzles for grammar and vocabulary practice
- Word Search Puzzles: Find word search puzzles that do more that fills time effectively- Good settlers
- Festivals and Holidays worksheets : Lesson plans based on holidays and festivals-Halloween, Christmas etc.
- Travel English: Teach survival English for students going abroad using these lesson plan materials
- Writing Worksheets and Templates: Practice writing using these cool printables
- Word Formation worksheets: help students improve vocabulary by teaching them prefixes, suffixes and other word formation skills
- Song Worksheets: Learn and teach English with English songs
- Movie Worksheets : Watch movies and learn English using these English film worksheets
- Math4Children.com: Free Math Worksheets, Games, Quizzes, Videos and eBooks for Learning and Teaching Math.
- Kiz School - This site offers English Courses for kids from Preschool, Kindergarten to 6th Grade. You don't have to be a professional teacher to teach kids.
- ESL Kids Lab This site is an extension of English 4 Kids
- ESL Galaxy : Printable worksheets, board games, word search, matching exercises, crosswords, music worksheets, video worksheets and more free stuff for all levels.
- English Media Lab: This free online classroom has a huge database of videos, esl quizzes, grammar exercises, activities for all levels, beginners, elementary, pre-intermediate, intermediate, advanced levels.
- ESL Downloads: Download ESL lesson plan materials and interactive exercises for students
- ESL Games World : ESL Fun Games for Teachers and Students