Fun Games for ESL Kids Classrooms: Freeze Ball Game This is a game idea you can use for teaching. If you want new ideas, here is one. Read the full instructions below.
- Phonics Games & Videos Online - Teach Your Child to Read with Phonics - Phonics Games Online, Phonics Worksheets, Phonics Video Tutorials
- English Lessons for Children - For Parents & Teachers of Kids - We offer Video Tutorials, Games, Worksheets, Powerpoint,Flashcards, Placement Tests - Kizschool.com
- Kids Math Exercises : Math Practice for Kids - Pre-K to 8th Grade.
- ESL Ebook Packs for Kids : Resources You can't afford not to have.
- Math4Children.com: Free Math Worksheets, Math Games, Online Quizzes, Video Lessons and eBooks preschool,1st to 6th grade.
ESL Classroom Game Idea - Freeze Game - How to Play
Skills to practice: Any type of skill.
Levels: All levels of kids (simplify for very low levels)
Requirements: A ball, flash cards
Class size: 10 - 20
General rule- Ball stops with a student, s/he has to do something
How to play:
Bring picture cards or word cards to class which you want to practice. Refresh the students’ memory of the vocabulary on the cards
Pre-teach the words: “Stop” or “freeze” and make them know if they hear that, it means they cannot move. They must be still.
Next, tell students they are going to play a game. Ask students to sit in a circle. Put the cards face down in the middle of the circle.
Tell them they will pass the ball around the circle very quickly until you say “stop”. Warn that no student can hold the ball for more than two seconds. As the ball is being circled around, the teacher randomly shouts “Stop”.
The student who is holding the ball when you shout “stop” cannot pass it to the next. S/he remains still with the ball. Ask the student to pick up a card from the pile of cards facing down. The student reads or tells the other students what is on the card. Depending on their English level, s/he makes a sentence or more with the word on the card.
Ask questions to prompt weaker students. If the student cannot make a sentence(s), s/he should hand the card to another student to help, or simply ask any student to help. Then the game continues until the cards are finished.
You can make it more competitive by giving points to any student who makes a sentence with the card or word which is picked up.
N: B- This is a flexible game, so it can always be adapted depending on the levels of the students.
ESL Fun Interactive Games Teaching & Learning
- Grammar Games - Jeopardy, Hangman, Wheel Games, Snakes and Ladders and more>>>
- Vocabulary Games - memory games, maze games, Snakes and Ladders, Hangman and more>>>
- ESL Online Games Directory - Have Fun Teaching and Learning English with your Students
Free Printable ESL Board and Card Games
- Printable Board Games For ESL Classrooms
- Printable Card Games for the ESL Classrooms
- Make your own games with templates
Free Powerpoint Games For ESL Teaching
- ESL Powerpoint Jeopardy Games
- ESL Powerpoint Olympic Jeopardy Games
- ESL Powerpoint Taboo Games
- Make your own Powerpoint Games from our templates
Free MS WORD & PowerPoint Game Templates - Make your own games
Video Lessons by Unit & Level
Level 1 Course Video Tutorials
Level 2 Course Video Tutorials
Level 3 Course Video Tutorials
Recommended Extra Resources
- ESL Lesson Plan Center : ESL Lesson Plan guide for all TEFL lesson plan needs on the ESL Galaxy.
- Board Games : Teach English grammar, vocabulary and sentence structures using communicative board games
- Grammar Worksheets: teach most common English grammar themes using these printable worksheets
- Vocabulary Worksheets : Well-planned theme-based vocabulary worksheets
- Theme-based Lesson plans: Plan your lessons around a theme by using the worksheets here.
- Pronunciation Lessons: Phonetic worksheets, mp3 downloads and vowel sounds audio book
- Crossword puzzles: A generous offer of free crossword puzzles for grammar and vocabulary practice
- Word Search Puzzles: Find word search puzzles that do more that fills time effectively- Good settlers
- Festivals and Holidays worksheets : Lesson plans based on holidays and festivals-Halloween, Christmas etc.
- Travel English: Teach survival English for students going abroad using these lesson plan materials
- Writing Worksheets and Templates: Practice writing using these cool printables
- Word Formation worksheets: help students improve vocabulary by teaching them prefixes, suffixes and other word formation skills
- Song Worksheets: Learn and teach English with English songs
- Movie Worksheets : Watch movies and learn English using these English film worksheets
- Math4Children.com: Free Math Worksheets, Games, Quizzes, Videos and eBooks for Learning and Teaching Math.
- Kiz School - This site offers English Courses for kids from Preschool, Kindergarten to 6th Grade. You don't have to be a professional teacher to teach kids.
- ESL Kids Lab This site is an extension of English 4 Kids
- ESL Galaxy : Printable worksheets, board games, word search, matching exercises, crosswords, music worksheets, video worksheets and more free stuff for all levels.
- English Media Lab: This free online classroom has a huge database of videos, esl quizzes, grammar exercises, activities for all levels, beginners, elementary, pre-intermediate, intermediate, advanced levels.
- ESL Downloads: Download ESL lesson plan materials and interactive exercises for students
- ESL Games World : ESL Fun Games for Teachers and Students